Mental Health Facilitator (MHF) Curriculum
Comprehensive Community Helping Skills Curriculum for All Audiences
"[MHF] has impacted my life greatly in that I am now confident that I can positively work with
other people to help them become change agents and responsible human beings in their societies."
- An MHF Master Trainer in Malawi
Through training and skills practice exercises, the MHF curriculum prepares community-based helpers to:
- Address special topics in mental stress, distress and disorder.
- Connect local potential, needs and resources.
- Encourage choice with empathy, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Identify the five signs of mental illness.*
Explore MHF Opportunities
Ready to find MHF training options?
Looking for needs-specific training?
Interested but low on time?
*The MHF curricula encompass the five signs of emotional suffering promoted by the changedirection.org campaign. Recognizing signs of personality change, agitation, withdrawal, poor self-care, and hopelessness is infused into the curricula.